LIVE videos are such a great tool. But they can also be tricky. Check out these 5 tips to help you boost social media engagement with great LIVE videos.
Top 5 LIVE Video Tips
1. Be candid, yet planned. Although LIVE videos can look very off-the-cuff and spontaneous, the really good ones are actually planned out ahead of time. Simply note down an outline or just a quick list of points you want to make to keep you on track.
2. Your background matters. Again, LIVE videos are a little more loose and and go-with-the-flow. But, please babe, check your surroundings and make sure there isn’t a bunch of unattractive crap in the background.
3. Natural lighting for the win. If you can do your LIVE video outdoors or facing a window, please do. Great natural light will make the video look lovely.
4. Use props. Whether you’re teaching something, opening a box, cooking something or even just providing inspiration, props add a different dynamic to your LIVE video. Plus, it can make you feel less awkward if you want something to get your hands and body moving to liven things up.
5. Hurry up. I know it’s tempting to start slowly and wait for some people to start watching since you’re LIVE. Buuuut, you should always try to do a quick intro and then just get started. Sure, you want people to watch it LIVE. But, the fact of the matter is that many people will watch the replay. And they don’t want to spend the first 4 minutes watching you wait for people to hop on.
Stories are absolutely genius and give your followers such great insight and entertainment. Here are four easy ideas for stories posts on social media platforms.
1. A Day in the Life – People love behind the scenes. And they’re going to, not only be entertained by the documentation of your entire day, but they’re also going to learn even more about you. Day-in-the-Life videos are PERFECT for stories and will help create an even closer connection between you and your followers.
2. Product Feature – If you don’t want to fill your feed with the products that you sell, feature them in your stories. You can describe your product, show how to use it, or even simply post a photo of it with a current promotion offer.
3. Tradition – Create your own stories traditions. Give your followers something interesting or fun to expect every single time they watch your stories. Examples might include a good morning video with a silly filter every day or a quick look at your daily workouts or even simply a photo of your healthy meals each day.
4. Sharing Other People’s Posts – This one is super duper easy to do. Plus, it will show your followers a product you might love or a funny post you saw. And it will create an opportunity to network with the person who’s post you shared. It’s especially a great way to show support to a small business owner. Always give the original person credit, of course.
Check out the video on this topic delivered by Fun Love Media’s owner, Britney Crosson, HERE.
So, you really want to do more LIVE videos on social media, but you’re not sure what to talk about? Here are 3 easy topic ideas to use in your LIVE videos on social media.
1. How To Videos – SO many people using social media want to LEARN. Even if you’re sharing something simple, how to videos are a great way to teach and connect with your audience.
2. Tell A Story – This one is particularly great for those of you that are naturally good storytellers. Simply telling a story, whether its funny or inspirational or motivational, is a great way to engage and entertain your audience.
3. Lists – People like lists. They’re an organized and quick way to get information. Some good examples are Top 5 Favorite Restaurants or 3 Ways To…
LIVE videos don’t have to be perfect. In fact, it’s great to be natural and candid in a LIVE videos. But with some quick preparation and a solid topic, your video will be even better.