LIVE videos are such a great tool. But they can also be tricky. Check out these 5 tips to help you boost social media engagement with great LIVE videos.
Top 5 LIVE Video Tips
1. Be candid, yet planned. Although LIVE videos can look very off-the-cuff and spontaneous, the really good ones are actually planned out ahead of time. Simply note down an outline or just a quick list of points you want to make to keep you on track.
2. Your background matters. Again, LIVE videos are a little more loose and and go-with-the-flow. But, please babe, check your surroundings and make sure there isn’t a bunch of unattractive crap in the background.
3. Natural lighting for the win. If you can do your LIVE video outdoors or facing a window, please do. Great natural light will make the video look lovely.
4. Use props. Whether you’re teaching something, opening a box, cooking something or even just providing inspiration, props add a different dynamic to your LIVE video. Plus, it can make you feel less awkward if you want something to get your hands and body moving to liven things up.
5. Hurry up. I know it’s tempting to start slowly and wait for some people to start watching since you’re LIVE. Buuuut, you should always try to do a quick intro and then just get started. Sure, you want people to watch it LIVE. But, the fact of the matter is that many people will watch the replay. And they don’t want to spend the first 4 minutes watching you wait for people to hop on.